by Bill Flury
Congratulations! Your organization has asked you to be the project manager who will take charge of running all the holiday parties in December. Here are some things you will need to work on.
1. You will need a place to hold all the parties. Remember that place in the movie where Bing Crosby first sang “White Christmas”? Where was that? _______________
2. Many different groups celebrate a special holiday in December. You want to be sure to get the right people invited to the right parties. You will need to match the holiday name to the right groups:
3. You will want to play appropriate music at the parties but the song, Jingle Bells, was originally written for a holiday not in December. What holiday was that? _______________
4. You need to get party favors for some of the parties. You have been told that you can get gifts of gold, frankincense and myrhh from Gaspar, Balthazar & Melchior, Ltd. What is myrrh? _______________
5. For one of the parties you will need to order one of everything mentioned in the song “Twelve Days of Christmas”. How many items will that be? _______________
6. Your party chef, Jack Horner, suggests that you serve Christmas Pie. You need to be sure that you include his special “feel good” ingredient. What is that? _______________
7. When you last checked you had only six reindeer. Two were missing. You had: Prancer, Cupid, Vixen, Blitzen, Dasher, and Comet. Which two are missing? _______________
8. Security may be a problem. Which government agency can best help you:
• Keep track of your reindeer? _______________
• Determine who has been naughty or nice? _______________
• Find out when party attendees are awake or sleeping? _______________
9. You need to engage a group to sing Wassail (def. Old English, wæs hæl, literally ‘be you healthy’) all over the town. They will be drinking the traditional Wassail drink. What is that? _______________
10. Near the end of the month Saint Stephen’s Day and the start of Kwanzaa occur on the same day. When do you have to be ready for them? _______________
Bonus Question: Assuming that you will succeed, you can expect your boss to reward you the same way Ebeneezer Scrooge rewarded Bob Cratchitt. How did he do that? __________________
Click here for the answers (if you need to)!
Enjoy the Holidays. You’ll be busy.